Did you know these unknown facts about our all time Healthy Fruits?
- Apples float in water because they are 25% air.
- An apple tree can produce up to 400 apples a year and Apple trees can live for more than 100 years.
- There are over 7000 different types of apples grown all over the world.
- The Adam’s apple is so-called coz of the idea that it was created when the forbidden fruit got stuck in Adam’s throat when he swallowed it.
- An apple is a very refreshing tonic for oily skin. It makes an excellent remedy for fine wrinkles, cracked skin, itching and inflammation.
- Eating an apple is a more reliable method of staying awake than consuming a cup of coffee. The natural sugar in an apple is more potent than the caffeine in coffee.
- Banana is not a fruit, in reality, it is a herb
- More than 300 banana-related accidents happened in Britain in 2001 mostly involving people slipping on skins.
- Some horticulturists suspect that the banana was the earth’s first fruit.
- One Banana equals 20% of your daily vitamin B6 intake.
- Yellow fruits help keep you from getting sick.
- A strawberry is not an actual berry, but a banana is.
- An average strawberry has around 200 seeds
- Strawberries and cashews are the only fruits that have their seeds on the outside, unlike all other fruits which have their seeds inside.
- Strawberries are the only fruit which grows seeds on the outside.
- A watermelon contains 92% water. About six percent of a watermelon is sugar. Many people like to eat watermelon in the summer because the fruit is cool and refreshing.
- You can eat the entire fruit both inside and outside.
- They come in 1200 different varieties.
- Osage orange fruits are used to repel cockroaches.
- The juiciest, most delicious oranges in the world are grown in Florida.
- Oranges are actually modified berries.
- The fruit came before the color.
Some more mind-boggling ones
- Many years ago explorers used watermelons to carry water on long expeditions
- Mangoes are the most favorite and number 1 fruit in the world.
- You can speed up the ripening of a pineapple by standing it upside down (on the leafy end).
- A study reveals avocados are the world’s most nutritious fruit
- Research says eating grapefruit in the morning will helps to lose an average of 3.6 pounds. It also protects from diabetes.
- Sapodilla is a uniquely tasted fruit. It had a soft brown flesh which flavors like a sweet mix of brown sugar and root beer.
- Pineapples are berries, just like strawberries and blueberries.
- Lychee seeds are poisonous and should not be eaten.
Fruits are a part of our daily lifestyle, something on which we emphasize a lot. It is an integral part of our diet and we should have at least one of them as a part of our daily diet. Gifting of fruits or fruit boxes on occasions is a good idea and is a sure shot winner. Fruits are appreciated by all and are a delight to the recipient. Since years fruits have been considered as the best gifting solution by our ancestors and still, it is so.